All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies! Put your hands up!



*This is an entry for the February Blog of the Month competition*
Staying single because of your religion, because of your society, and because of your university is no less than an art piece, created by an underpaid and depressed artist, during the depths of the night; especially when there’s a huge line, hidden behind the “hello” and “I want to fraaandship with you” on Facebook messenger.
Personally, I don’t give a flying chappal about this stuff and girls are quite shocked when they find out about this trait of mine. But, the reason behind my indifference is that I have learned the art of being single.
Basically, the art is to realize that you are better off alone and hence working to better yourself.
As they say, sharing is caring, but not when it comes to my personal space.
Keep your nose out of my business and let. Me. Breathe.
Adopting a whiney, clingy and nosey man-baby is not on my to-do list; I have a long list of things to procrastinate on, and a set of TV shows to finish... (Besides, all these vivas cause my heart to flutter just fine!)
Being single allows me to focus on myself, perfecting my flaws, enhancing my traits and completing myself. I don’t need to worry about another human; I only need to tend to myself and my needs. I do not need to make compromises, look out for another person’s flaws or shortcomings, and I certainly don’t need to baby an adult man.
I can do what I want, whenever I want, with only having to answer to my parents who love me dearly, because they have no other choice...
People may disagree but, I am not one half of a whole, that needs to be completed by another person. I am a whole that could, potentially, be complemented by someone. But it’s ok. I’m not looking for any compliments right now...
Like Beyoncé said,

“All the single ladies, all the single ladies, put your hands up!”
And you know I’m going to be putting my hands up until my biceps get spastic paralysis!
Of course, that traitor went ahead and got married, but not before she learned the beauty of being single.
I am grabbing some markers and paints and drawing my own self and my own life that revolves around nothing but me!
I am creating an artwork of singlehood!

Rukhsar Siddiqy (Batch of 2021)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon