Reflection of my moon

Last night, your faded memory came to me,
As in the wilderness, spring comes quietly,
As slowly in desert, moves the breeze,
As to a sick man, without cause, comes peace!

The moon of my night, an oasis for my deserted soul and a heavenly shelter from cold buffets of life, was my mother. It was a scenic day glittering with the serene sunshine in the blue sky. That day, she had completely recovered from the demon of hepatitis. The vivacity of life was sparkling in her eyes. The omen of life had totally exalted her to a novel perseverance. She had grabbed the silky life with her caressing hands. The life to her meant her children.
The moon of Ramadan was surely an omen of joy for us. We had scheduled our sister's wedding. In that reference, my father and mother were to leave for another city. I bade them farewell under God's heaven and saw them off. "Life is going to be beautiful," I smiled to myself and went to the bed.
Suddenly at midnight, violent knocking at the door woke me up. Something wrong alarmed me. It was my cousin at the door.
"Where are uncle and aunt?" he asked.
"They have gone out of station," I uttered. I saw a cruel prophecy residing his eyes.
"What has happened?" I inquired.
"There has been a horrible accident on the highway."
"Don’t you dare say that!" I tried to say, but my lips refused to cooperate.
"The woman died on the spot," he continued. I couldn't listen any further.
My heart forgot to beat, my eyes forgot to blink and my ears forgot to hear. It was as if someone had poisoned my brain. The surrounding air started thundering. Unable to feel, numb and dumb, a tear was finally blessed down my eyes. It broke me to prayers.
I knelt down to call Him. I asked Him to turn this news false. I begged, "May she live today! Don't snatch life from her too early, too shortly!" At that time, I realized how cruel life could get.
Then, the real news came, shattering my heart into a million pieces, that a heavy truck had torn her poised body into pieces. The poisonous venom gushed into my whole being, paralyzing my soul and my urge to live, like a tumour budding inside me which would engulf my whole existence.
With a torrent of tears, I could see my mother parting from me. I knew I was going to miss her caressing hands, her warm lap, her sincere rebukes and her each and everything.
It has been two years, they say. It has been countless centuries for every second is merely a wall of distance from her. Until now, I have achieved all that she dreamed for me. Nonetheless, never was any achievement so colourless and meaningless.
I have learnt to live without her, but with her reflection. The way a sea can never get the moon but is happy to be with its reflection. I can feel her around me; sometimes smiling, at times snubbing and at times, praying for me. 
Allah has taken away His property but He has also blessed me with her strength and her memories.  Even if on the worldly basis, she is no more with me, I can see her in all I see. I can feel her everywhere, encouraging me to live and succeed. I can hear her whispers saying unto me,
"My beloved speaks and says to me: 'Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come.'"


- Written by: Samina Siddique (Class of 2021)
- Story by: Farzeen Javaid (Class of 2021)





Comments

  1. I am crying, Farzeen. And I am so out of words.💔💔💔 This is such a beautiful piece of writing and yet heart-rending.
    I wish I could bring you the happiness you deserve. God bless you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying, Farzeen. And I am so out of words.💔💔💔 This is such a beautiful piece of writing and yet heart-rending.
    I wish I could bring you the happiness you deserve. God bless you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words to say..������...May the departed soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sucha priceless article, when u can feel the words ,like a personal experiance ,that is what u call phenomenal part,n this is exactly what i felt,its amazing and it writer here is successful in takind readers to a journey...GOd bless you n appear again with new pretty thoughts ,n we all know your mother is watching you from above May her soul rest in peace.Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  5. May Allah forgive her sins and grant her a place in Jannat-ul-firdaus. May Allah grant you ajr for your patience and steadfastness. May you succeed in this life and the hereafter and make her proud. Ameen.
    Z.R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farzeeeen ������
    I can never imagine what you go theough everyday and still manage to smile. May Allah bless you with all the happiness in the world ❤️
    And yes she is surely there with everything you do, looking at you from the heavens, smiling and being proud of her daighter ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was amazing. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Clearly my chingu is the best when it comes to writing ❤ makes me feel I take things for granted sometimes. You're a great friend and you'll be an even better doctor someday IA. ��❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh my dear!can't tell u what i felt when i first came to know of ur story!i was like "such a deep and torn yet smiling soul she is".But they say that some words enter right into ur heart and break it off!yeah!i felt the same!as if i was wittnessing all the misfortune and desiring deeply that please Allah!don't say "Kun",but it was the moment that already had passed and this is the success of the writer and narrator!best of luck my champ!and hats off to ur writing!
    P.s:u are a minaret of strength and courage for all of us!plz never let this minaret lose its light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plz tell who's there... I want to special thank u... But let me know who's there. . Bcoz no name mentioned

      Delete
  9. It's written beautifully 💔
    This is so heart wrenching Farzeen 😭😭💔 I can't imagine the unbearable pain you would have gone through and still go through 💔
    And still you manage to smile so bright everyday:') MA
    May ALLAH SWT bless you in ways you've never imagined and may He bestow upon you all the happiness ♥️ May He grant your Mother highest ranks in Jannah:')
    Your Mother is surely watching over you from above there and she would have been so proud of her daughter:')
    You surely are a minaret of strength ♥️
    Continue shining bright my love and Always make your Mother proud! ♥️
    Ahh I'm out of words 💔

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farzeen, meri sweet c piyari c junior u are love bachy m in tears May Allah pak grant her highest rank in Jannah u are such a strong beautiful lady❤ keep shining me and muneeba will always be there for u sweet heart. Love you❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really have a very special gift in expression of your feelings.Im sure youre going to grow more stronger day by day.May Allah Almighty grant her a very high place in heaven and bless you with peace and patience.Thankyou for sharing a part of you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read it , I feel it ���� .. Emotions are perfectly in form of words ���� May your mother rest in peace .Ameen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Al-Baqqarah, Verse 222