THE WORST CHAPTER OF MY FORENSICS BOOK

I was flicking through the pages of my book when I came across the line: The rifled bore gives gyroscopic steadiness to the bullet during flight so that it can hit the target accurately.

The moment I read those words, I felt my blood begin to boil. I wanted to burn those pages to ashes and curse the pioneers of these firearms. This anger, this rush of adrenaline through my veins was not due to the pitiful situation I was in that was to prepare for my Forensics test but it was the inherent bitterness I felt towards guns and ammunitions.

I am shocked that even the notorious event of Habeel and Kabeel wasn’t enough to stop humans from killing each other. There should be a huge round of applause for the ‘so-called’ development of us in the 21st century where we are finding new ways to kill each other, and spending our resources on these blood thirsty tools to give them “gyroscopic stability” so that they can  ensure the 100% death accuracy of a human being.

Who says that vampires don't exist? Vampires exist but don’t have their fangs in their mouths. No. These modern day vampires have metal fangs in their hands which are sucking gallons of blood every day. Even the blood of the freedom fighters of Kashmiri, the innocent civilians of Syria, and the people of the sacred land of Palestine was unable to quench their thirst.
  
So please: Stop making these firearms and ammunitions because as a doctor, I don't want to see people soaked in their own blood in the Emergency department every day.

I am fed up of measuring entry wounds and exit wounds in autopsy classes because these firearms not only pierce a mere tissue for calculations and statistics but they pulverize emotions, ambitions, desires of a soul who had once wished to thrive in this ruthless world.

- Alishba Mubashar (Class of 2019)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon