The Moon - Our Hope

The moon? Seriously? That might be your reaction after reading the title. But, yeah, here it is. A flame of eagerness to write something was ignited in less than a minute after reading an article on FJournals and I promptly opened my laptop and started wondering on some exciting topic and then as I was sitting in my window, I looked up the dark and gloomy sky as if someone just kidnapped me by pouring a jet-black cloak on me. But, no, I was neither horrified nor frightened by the darkness covering every inch of my body. There was a hope in that darkness, there was some light, yes, a few rays but, enough to soothe my soul with its positivity, asking it not to panic as it is here to show me the path, the way to my destination. And then a physicist of my mind started searching for the source of light. I finally got it - the moon! So, that was how I came up with my topic.


You know our surroundings, our lives or should I say we ourselves are all caught up by this darkness that’s leading us nowhere but to a deep dark hole of pessimism. And you know what, we are letting ourselves to fall deep and deep, making ourselves blind to even that light of hope that is itself inviting us to grab its hand and walk on a road where every step though burdensome, takes you near to your destination. The destination, where you will be standing like that moon may be a lot of imperfections tending you to be called ugly but still people would relate your beauty in metaphors because you were the only one, showering the optimistic luminosity in that murkiness of despair.
In this spreading air of melancholy, let’s sprinkle some drops of hope, confidence and positivity. Come, grab my hand. There’s nothing kept in this deep gloomy well. Come, come to the surface. Let these buoyant rays penetrate your soul transforming you and many others who will surely paint this black cloak of despondency to a fairy dress of sanguineness.
Some of us are doctors and others are going to be doctors soon. But, being in such a sacred profession, many of us are still not getting that peace of mind which can be achieved at every step in spite of such laborious hard work. You know why? Because we are running behind the things which are not eternal, they are just some worldly distractions. Set your goals in life to be always recalled with the word, eternity. And nothing is eternal in this universe but Allah. Serve for Allah, treat for Allah because you are no ordinary human being.
YOU ARE A DOCTOR. YOU ARE CHOSEN BY ALLAH.
- Huma Shahzad (Class of 2019)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon