The Unconventional Approach



*This article is an entry for April Blog of the Month competition.*

Move your eyes. To the right. To the left. To the front. To the back. Have you watched this?

Life is a snowball that starts rolling from the top of a hill, you may call it a hill of the accessories that life is going to provide. It rolls and rolls till it reaches the end. In the course of rolling, many things are left behind and many are added, giving variations to the ball.

In the light of day, in the darkness of my thoughts, I, obsessed with these things, am writing a letter to myself for how this ball rolls and how to land it safely. Every ball, while coming downwards, follows the ones before it. I do wonder if it stops following them and rolls around its own estimation. For all I know, whether it is a “yes” or a “no”, every ball has to reach the end. What will happen if one stops following the others and lives according to its calculations and estimations?

You might be wondering why I am asking all this from myself rather than asking others. Many times, I have had the experience of asking others. And all I got to hear was, “My dear, controlling the rolling snowball is not an easy thing. Who will take the risk of leaving the shadow of guidance? Life has been given once to us. It can be drowned by overconfidence and over-smartness. Every successful person had followed that path, etc., etc." In the end, that was all I was told.

So, I'm asking myself what's wrong if I handle the ball of my life all alone, with the brain I have been provided, with the guidance Allah has provided. Making my own estimations, watching them turning right or wrong, doing adjustments with them, preferring alternate routes, there I'll be! With a reason for everything. With a reason to live. With a reason for my existence. Irrespective of the conventional philosophy saying "Everyone has to die", I'll be there with a reason to perish.

Rather than regretting that I shouldn't have done this, I'll be providing reasons for how and why I have done this. Rather than following conventions, I'll find many possibilities of the task at hand.

You have seen the right. You have seen the left. You have seen the front. You have seen the back. But have you ever looked for ways out of the zone you follow?

Iqra Mushahid (Batch of 2023)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon