My Message for Me

*This article is an entry for April Blog of the Month Competition.*
Late at night, sitting alone in the room with my gaze focused at the moon, with twinkling stars throwing their lights upon my gloomy mind, I often write about me.
Today, I wrote some lines for myself...

Wandering through the thoughts of this darkness, I often wonder,
If ever will these poetries inked in the thoughts of my imagination find their way along these dark streets, to come to you, rest upon your hands and die there!
Or if these words could ever melt in your eyes, just as they rolled down my cheeks and fell on these paper bits some time back, taking the shape of these words.

And then I would like to observe, would like to see how...
How they'd surprise you, amaze you and make you wonder as to how easily, how calmly these tears (Ah! I should say, my tears) break their immortal and everlasting habit of speechlessness...
These screaming tears telling beautifully about my art...
My art of of hiding my pains and anxieties behind the dozens of laughters!
My Art to flow with this world, the place that's hidden in shadows of lies and faded in the beauty of words! And that's where the bitter truth lies.
My art of bearing grief after seeing my many tiny dreams turning into ashes, and the day full of light turning into a grave dark enough! 

But don't worry, my dear me! All these things give a message,
"Light and hope go together. I know you have the potential of creativity, I believe in your power of tolerance, I appreciate your back-breaking struggles and I love your courage to see the world lonely. And finally, I applaud you for bravely surviving the harshness and hardships. Believe me, you are awesome in yourself!"
Rabia Ammarah (Batch of 2020)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon