Oh Love!

For me, the capacity to be alone is the capacity to love. It might seem paradoxical, but its an existential truth. As far as my vision perceives, only the people who are capable of being alone are capable of loving and sharing. They are capable of going to the deepest core of the other person without possessing the other and without reducing the other person to a thing.

Love is something which knows no boundaries. It has no limitations, nothing about profit or loss. It is something where you are concerned about the other person's situation as you would be about your own.

Oh Love! I have seen what you can do. I have seen you at work, bringing people closer and ripping them apart the next minute, tearing them to shreds and bringing them back up again. You certainly are a very powerful thing. For some you’re a blessing and for some you are a curse. Some say you are the very reason of existing and some say you’ve made them shallow.

Oh love! If I was to be asked, I would say, I was softened by you and hardened at the same time.  With you my highs have taken me up to the moon and the lows have dragged me to the depths of the oceans.

Oh love! At times you drive me insane, where I want to pull my hair out and at other times I experience the serene.

I definitely have felt you running through my veins in all the best possible ways.

I have seen you in every detail of a moment.

Our lives are a series of pulls, back and forth, what you call as the tension of opposites.

And in this tug of war only one thing is triumphant, and that's love, love always wins.

The truth is I have to be grateful, you have shaped me, you have torn down my walls, you have ruined me to the core, but, you have also stitched me back with a needle and you’ve nursed me back to health.

For only I know, what was done to me created me.


- Mansha Mir (Class of 2021)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Al-Baqqarah, Verse 222