My Mother- A True Meaning Of Love


On my way back home, the university bus stopped at a traffic signal and I saw a little boy begging there. He came to us and asked for some money. But our bus driver, so tired of the heavy traffic, scolded him away. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he went while mumbling in Punjabi, “If you can’t give money, at least you can show some love!”

Saying this, he went to another car and our bus also moved but I… I was struck there, thinking about what kind of love he was asking for? If he has not experienced love in his life, have we? Have I? Does true love really exist? Is it possible in real life to get sincere love?  A lot of questions arose in my mind.

 For an hour long journey in the bus, I kept on wondering about the true love I had in my life. I thought of every relationship I have like all my friends, class fellows, cousins, relatives and everyone but couldn't find anyone of them perfect as the true love. Sadness enveloped my mind as I got stuck at the thought that I’ve no one who loves me so more to relate as true love.

When I reached home, I saw my mother, waiting for me at the gate. She welcomed me with a warm hug as if I was her very special guest for me, it was her routine but suddenly something flashed at the back of my mind. My mind kept asking," Is it not something what we call the  true love?"
And then I realised that when I look at my mother, I am looking at the purest form of love I will ever have.

I love my mother because I believe in love at first sight as it was my mother whom I  saw the first when I opened my eyes.

True love is associated with sincerity, mutual respect, acceptance, selflessness, trust, healing, growth, companionship, communication, teamwork, fearlessness and effortless & eternal attraction . And I find all this only in my mother.

My mother teaches me every day about the love, the true beauty and the kindness without saying a single word. She loves me and takes care of me as if it is her only duty and she was just born to do so. She loves me as if I’m the only person in this whole world. She knows everything about me like my favourite dishes, my favourite clothing and my favourite places for outing. She makes me feel special as if I’m a celebrity and she is my die-hard fan. She does everything that makes me feel happy.

My true love is my mother not only because she loves me but because she made me realise the true meaning of love, not only because her presence is important to me but because her absence makes me cry and not only because she knows my eighteen years of life even better than me but because despite knowing all my faults I’ve done in my life she still loves me unconditionally. 

And I want to dedicate this to you mama:
  
                  For all the times when I forgot to say “THANK YOU”,
                  For all the special little things you do,
                  For all the words that sometimes go unspoken,
                  I need to say “I LOVE YOU.”
               
                 -anonymous

-Areej Anwar (Batch of 2022)
               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon