Dear Mom (BOTM May)

Dear Mom , I know I can never pay you back for what you did for me. I know in these scorching summers , standing in the kitchen with sweat dripping in profusion across the sides of your beautiful face , it isn’t easy at all. Mom, you could have denied waking up for me while I was crying bitterly in my cot as a baby. You could have shunned me away every time I came to you with a arm by falling from the swing because you were already tired. You could have eaten that last bit of favorite chocolate and not sacrificed it for me. But you didn’t , mom. You woke up for me every single time I cried out of fear , hunger or a need for your warmth. You hugged me every time I came to you, hurt. You let me take that last bit of your favorite chocolate. Why mom? Just out of love? This love of yours for me , is one of the purest forms of love. It is something so pure and great that it can’t be put into words. It is so peaceful that even your mere existence around me fills me with tranquility. I know I might never be able to recompense for the time and efforts you spent on me. But let me tell you, I love you the most , mom. I vow to never give up on you. Now that you’re growing old and you get tired easily , you need me the most and I’m here for you. I’ll always be. 

-------------------

By Rovaifay Salman

Batch'24




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon