We Will Rise

I am the ray of hope in the depths of despair
I am the spirit that rises amidst the blazing flames
Because I am the symphony of freedom with a powerful aim
I am the voice of the chants rising in the streets of the oppressed
I am the fearlessness in the hearts of the once fearful
I am the rise of awareness in the minds of the faithful
I am the call that resonates far and wide
Awakening the yet sleeping will of the persecuted
Reminding them of how they have been maltreated
I am the mother who awaits the return of her lost children
I am the father who has been punished for his decision
To stand up for his belief and uphold his vision
I am the emptiness in the once chatter-filled streets
Where innocent children used to meet and greet
Awaiting their blissful melodies once again to feel complete
I am the whisper of belief in the near extinguished hearts
That once used to beat with such zeal and vigour
You tainted my past red but you will not rule over my future
The streets flooded with our blood and your sin
Upon this foundation we will rebuild
The gloomy clouds will give way to the sun
And the world will watch as the deed is done
you were careless when you destroyed a part of me
And now you shall watch as we all break free
and all your weapons will not stop us
For crueler monarchies have been shattered to pieces by less
You were foolish pushing me to the brink of desperation
Had you known that you would soon face such retaliation
You would not have come in the way of my salvation
The children in my streets stand barefooted, their artillery mere rocks
Anguish in their hearts, stronger than the deadliest bombs
And the site of their bravery will be enough to make you cower
And when we rise from the ashes who will you call for help?
For our Advocate is the Almighty, Our Saviour
And as we stand in the battlefield,His miracle will be ours
And you will watch as this symphony rises from every corner
As our triumph fills the voids in the souls of every mourner
And the melancholy winds pass and the atmosphere becomes warmer
I am Kashmir and I will be heard loud and clear
And the children will sing this symphony without a care
On the day when this symhony turns to legend long after the breaking of our chains


Mahnoor Durrani
2nd year
FJMU



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon