Transported to Your Favorite Book's World!

"When the thunder claps, when the rain showers I'll be waiting in this garden, will you be by my side.”
I always thought about the meaning of these words. I was surprised because these words struck me when I started high school. The night before the entrance ceremony seemed like a long voyage. I tried to wait but
impatience couldn't let me wait. I started to look for things on which I could waste the time but it didn't help.
I was searching my room like a police dog, sniffing every corner, that is when I found a torn book, which seemed as if it had been suffering injuries of a war. I picked up the book and opened its cover, I only found the words:
“ When the thunder claps, when the rain showers, I'll be waiting in this garden, will you be by my side.”
These first occur to me as very odd looking, but once I touched the page, I felt a person's warmth and I could feel the touch, this sensation seemed relentlessly to much familiar. I felt as if though, this person had been by my side all this time. I could only see the back side of the person. When I tried to focus on the person I could see long black hairs, and white skin. I tried to reach towards her, she disappeared into thin air. I was looking here and there, shouting, running and calling,
“ who are you! Please at least tell me your name.” I could only see a white platform everywhere, it was as if everything was covered with snow. I could see the sky
of that world sparkling. I could hear gentle whispers, sprouting out of every corner. My excitement was to such an extent that even my brain couldn't handle it. It seemed perfectly impossible, a world with no colors
and things but rainbow colors sparkles showering down. It was as if I had entered a fairy tale. That is when the world started to shrink beneath, whirlpool gazing upon this world, engulfed it. I was scared and
started running, but where could I go everything being pushed into the hole.I felt as if I was falling constantly but everything else around me was floating in the air. I
screamed loudly hoping somebody might come to help but no one was there to help me.
Then I closed my eyes and felt as if somebody had thrown me on the ground. I opened my eyes and found myself in my room and also the book beside me. I opened the curtains of my room and it was bright daylight. I looked at the times and I was late. I ran and quickly changed my clothes and swiftly ran towards the school. A year passed after the incident, and I joined the literature club just to find more about that dream. It was Mid- August we were sitting at our desdesk and I had a book in my hand. It was our homeroom class and everybody was waiting for the teacher. Suddenly a rumor arose about a new transfer student. All the boys were very happy as she was a girl. I didn't pay attention to all these rumors
and continued on with my book. One of my friends came and said “ It seems your dream girl has finally showed up.” I angrily told him “ Come on! Don't joke around with me.” My other friend jumped on me and said “ When will you leave the books.” And at the very instant the door to the class opens and the homeroom teacher entered the class, and after her a girl entered the class room .
When I looked at her, she looked exactly like the girl I see in my dream, her eyes were
sparkling like the rainbow and her face was bright like a star. But again I thought it was impossible. After the period she was surrounded by all the class. Some of
the girls in the class told her that she was like a princess. I didn't pay attention to those worlds as I had the book in my hand. After the classes I had club activities and I would be very happy to do club activities
of literature club because I was the only member of the club, and also I got much time to read books. But today was different because someone knocked at the club door. I asked the person to come in. As the door opened the transfer student entered the clubroom . I was surprised not because of her but because nobody has entered that clubroom except him or the teachers.

She came to me and said, “ Hello! I saw you in the class reading book?.” I said,
“ So what?”. She told me “Ever since I was a child I loved reading books.”
I picked up a book and handed it over to her “ read this, it's a good one.” She took it and I offered to sit, she sat down and started reading. I don't know what had just
happened to me because after that proposition, I wanted to confirm whether or not she was the girl who came into my dream. I could feel my heart throbbing. I
looked at her from the side and she looked the same, but I didn't want to believe it because it seemed very much impossible. When I got home I ran up to my room
and fell on my bed. I felt embarrassed and disgusted after thinking such a rude thing about a girl who nicely asked me. I opened the book that I thought had gotten me into that dream. I read the words and suddenly I
could feel myself being attracted by a magnet. It pulled me inside. I opened my eyes and found myself mesmerized by the sight of the world I had traveled to. I started to look for anything that could be of any help, a clue. I started walking and this had been the first time I ever saw these things, I could see colored fishes that were floating in the sky, and the sky was like an ocean full of beautiful waves. I was very happy to see such a thing. At the end of a hill I saw a person, I ran towards the person as fast as I could and once I got close she was the same girl I saw before. But this time she was saying something to me. Her lips were moving but no voice was coming out of her mouth. I asked her again and again about what she was saying but she just
pointed her hands towards me and again said something when I touched her hands she disappeared into thin air, leaving behind sparkling dust. But I could
hear her footsteps that echoed in the whole area and again the world started disappearing. I again woke up
and found myself on my bed with the book in my hand. I was sure that the girl had something to do with it because I saw this dream after a year and this time the
girl called out to me. I took the book with me to the school hoping that I would ask her about it. I went to the school and it seemed a little different than before. I
entered my class and waited for her to come but she didn't appear. I asked her friend,i
“Who is she?” They all laughed at me but I didn't want to believe that she didn't
exist or whether I was dreaming about her. I took out my book and read it again and again but nothing
happened. As it happened it started raining.

After the school I walked out but didn't go home, I just wanted to get what I desired for. I was soaked and the book as well was soaked. I could think of nothing but her, that is when I saw the image of her lips as I was reading the words again and again. That is when it struck me that I matched the words with her lipsing and luckily they synced. I closed my eyes and opened them and I could
see her smiling back at me. I was surprised and asked her, “but you were in my world," and she answered me, "I was never in your world but I was in your world” and
she pointed to the book in my hand. I started crying and started asking her questions relentlessly but she never said a single word instead smiled at me. She then asked me,
“Have you got the answer to my question?”
I asked her, "What did it mean?” But she just said this, "Ask yourself for the answer?” and she disappeared again. I loudly asked her,
“What do you mean? and please don't leave? It felt like somebody had taken out
part of me and I could feel my heart being incomplete and I could feel the urge to complete myself. That is when I cried out loud. "Even if the thunder claps, or the rain showers I'll be by your side, even if my body fades away but my soul will always be by your side.”

Asna Afzal
MBBS 4th Year
KMSMC, Sialkot


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon