Autobiography of Shujaat Ali Hall

By the pen of SHUJAAT ALI HALL,

I still remember it was a cold chilly day when a ribbon was taped at my big wooden, newly carved and polished door having gold colored handles. I was thinking what people are upto,  Because after a long span of construction, i had been at rest for a few days.My deep thoughts about the people's intentions vanished when a group of well suited booted people arrived and the most prestigious man of them, Dr.Basharat Yusuf,The principal of FJMC back then, cut the ribbon, there was a moment of clapping.And my door was opened.A board having title " Shujat Ali hall" was placed on the wall adjacent to my door.So this was my opening ceremony.Shujat Ali Hall's opening ceremony.


Just like the deep grandeur represented by my name, I myself was a great piece of art of an architect's mind.Even to this day, I think there is no place like me in the entire Fatima jinnah medical university hostel.And this is not just what i think, In fact every hosteller thinks the same.


I have the widest stage, glass windows fitted all over of my walls, countless number of bright lights, wooden walls and the wooden floor.A person having a sight of me for the first time is sure to get mesmerized.Yups that's for sure!


 I am a multi tasker. The girl i saw having her professionals in me , was attending kashmir day's function in me a few days later, and a couple of days later was playing badminton in me and then after a gap of few days was dancing fanatically in the after party night in me. This explains the diversity of my attributions.


Till the date, during my 26 years of age, i have witnessed countless number of professional exams and along with them the characteristic anxious faces of students,the gazes returning repeatedly to the clocks being adorned on my walls, reciting Surahs silently in their mouths before the papers are handed over to them, visiting washrooms frequently (due to stress I guess) and listening to the kinda funny talks of the invigilators (the only interesting thing there at that time).Its funny how my vastness increases in exam days.That's what the students think.


The one thing I brag most about is my wooden floor. Soft wooden floor, finely polished, and well cared off. Actually that's why I serve as badminton court.When the players step on my floor while playing, pick up their shuttlecocks from it, fall while playing, these are the moment I am somewhat proud of.


A relatively new purpose for which i have started serving is to serve as dancing theatre,as I said earlier, for the girls who still wanna have fun after their parties.They literally dance all night and so madly that it seems they have shedded off all of their grind of the med life at the moment.


Sometimes a big scary lock is put on my front door.That is somehow people show their care for me but they don't know that I'm very social & friendly and wanna be surrounded by people all the time.But at the whole I'm very contented with the life I have.I have serve generations and I aim to serve to many more.I have seen them standing in me with their heads up and never falling down. Ain't it should be a proud moment for me?



Vaniza Farrukh
Batch 2023




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon