A Verse, A Story

It was the sacred month of Ramadan and like everybody I was trying to gather it's blessing as much as I could.I was not a very religious person but I pray five times a day aside Ramadan too.So in Ramadan routine there was addition of Reading of Quran too.I had just finished praying the salah and when I lift my hands for dua, all the complains I had in my heart come at the edge of my tongue. Not making it to my favorite institute, having lost my father at my teens, can't have enough money to buy the dresses I liked , Comparing myself with my friends and cousins and always finding myself inferior besides I pray all the salahs, and the most recent that I was trying to get appointed as a teacher at some institute but couldn't make it besides trying for a long time,and frustrating over all this kind of stuff was the part of my dua at the end of Salahs.

After I was done with my complains with Allah Mian.I got up and opened Quran. While I was doing the recitation I came across this ayah. I couldn't move for a couple of moments and my tongue failed to support me too.I was startled. I read Quran every year in Ramadan but I think I never focused this much to apprehend the ayah and to get startled.
The ayah says,

لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ ۖ  - 14:7
 If you are grateful, I will give you more -14:7

My ears had a flashback of a sweet voice reciting this Ayah to my 6 year old self, and advising me to thank Allah for granting me a beautiful doll rather than complaining that it is not the one I wished for, and that If I thank Allah now he will also grant me what I wish and pray for.I was convinced by my Father and thanked along with him to Allah Tallah.

My tears start dropping on the Quran. How could I forget the lesson my father taught me, How could I forget the lesson I learnt that day. How could I spent my entire life till now complaining and just complaining and never thanking Allah for what He have granted to me and always talking about what I don't have. How could I always rant and complain. I felt Allah Tallah was asking me this question that I said you through Quran to thank me for what I gave you and I will increase your bestow but you were so focused to complain that you forgot what promise I had made with the humans.
I couldn't stop my tears and I felt that what I have done my entire life in the name of dua was just the waste of time.It was the real dua time.I lift my hands, and started my dua with Astaghfar for what I have done, and remembered all the times I should have thanked him instead of complaining, with the faith and strongly believing in that ayah. I remember the time I spent ranting of getting not admitted into my favorite institute, I could have thanked Him for granting me enough facilities so that I can at least take admission in some other institute, So many girls can't make it to school due to their circumstances. I remember the time I complained of not having enough money, I could have thanked for what I have, If I had thanked ,I Had Allah's promise of granting me more but I was the one who messed it up. I lost my father at teenage but there are babies who don't even got to see their fathers and I remembered the life of the Holy Prophet(PBUH). At that moment I should have thanked Allah for having my mother and elder siblings but I kept complaining. Even though I had not got the job till now but He had also asked me to keep trying ,hoping for better.My life was full of these moments which were coming into my mind one after another and my Dua was prolonged than ever , thanking Allah for All the blessings he has showered on me.

After I was done with dua I completed the chapter of Quran.I was just putting it to the cupboard and I heard my mother's excited voice coming nearer amd calling my name. She entered the room and hugged me while saying that,
"Your appointment letter just arrived Amna, I am so happy"
I was super dazed. Tears came out of my already wet eyes. I was astonished at the instant keeping of promise of Allah Tallah.I smiled with the tears in my eyes and tightly hugged my mother, and went to pray Nafal salah of gratefulness because it was compulsory for me now.


Vaniza Farrukh,
Batch 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon