The Sinner's Tears

"Sinner" is my name.
I wish for success, money, and fame.
I know the hard truth that life is a game.
If I win, I get Jannah. If I lose, I get the blame.

I saw myself in the mirror. I said to the mirror, "ABDULLAH is my name." The mirror replied, "No! 'Sinner' is your name."

"Sinner" is my name.
I wish for success, money & fame.
Allah told me, "Obey me, I will give you all that you Name."
Prophet (PBUH) told me "this life is a journey, and Jannah is the final aim."
Shaitan told me "he is my friend, he will help me win this game."

I saw myself in the mirror. I said to the mirror, "ABDULLAH is my name."
The mirror replied, "No! 'Sinner' is your name."

"Sinner" is my name.
I wish for success, money and fame.
Now, I only did what my friend told me and I got all the success, money and fame.
I thought I'd won the game, but it was a fake trophy with a golden flame.
Soon, I died and I was ordered to be punished with Jahannum for not obeying Allah and his Prophet's name.
I called Shaitan but he said, "I am not the one to be blamed."

Now, the angels asked my name. I said, "ABDULLAH is my name." The angels replied, "No! 'Sinner' is your name."

"Sinner" is my name.
I opened my eyes and found out it to be a dream & immediately said my Allah's name.
Now I don't wish for success, money, and fame.
Now I follow what my prophet said and always say my Allah's name.

I saw myself in the mirror, I said to the mirror "ABDULLAH is my name."
The mirror replied, "No! 'Sinner' is your name."

I got disheartened and turned away from the mirror but my Prophet said:
Dear ABDULLAH:
"All the sons of adam are sinners, but the best of sinners are those who repent often."

"The tears of a sinner are more beloved to Allah than the arrogance of a righteous man."


Haiqa Tariq, Batch of 2023
Fatima Jinnah Medical University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon