A Letter to My Mom: by Javeria

This is an external entry for blog of the month, March 2020

March 31, 2020.

Dear Mom,
I feel incredibly indebted to have you as my mother. When I started writing about you so many reminiscences came into my mind, recollections that will live in my head and heart for my whole life. You are capable of strength , empathy , humility , understanding , forgiveness ,faithfulness, kindness , generosity, compassion ,integrity. Love is your obvious quality.

You are not just my mother, you are my first friend, best friend my forever friend. Your pure, unconditional love is a blessing for me. I still remember my first day in school and my childhood, that how I made you mad and you would sit down with me after my mistakes and give me lesson about good and evil, ups and downs and I thought it was boring but now I know it was to make me a better person. You rebuked me when i deserved it, and I thought it was unfair but now I know it was to make me strong and staunch.

You purposely failed in arguments to give me reliance, and as a wise mother, you sometimes failed me to experience defeat. This was your balancing act. We consumed the right amount of time to keep our relationship healthy.

And now I am an assertive woman just because of your trust. To avoid enmeshment, boundaries must be set. You set appropriate boundaries for me and gave me a room to explore. I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me. Your life is just like a tree for me who gave water to me and absorb all the sunshine and gave me power, credence, devotion, perception to believe in myself and taught me how to think for myself.

I am thankful for the special things you have done for me. You are my anchor in this stormy sea of life.



Javeria Batool
Lahore college for women university
Bs.hons English Literature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon