Positive Vibes

 


Every time I stepped forwards,

The world dragged me backwards.

I wanted happiness;

They gave me despair.

For finding one reason to smile,

They gave a million reasons to cry.

I yearned for positivity;

They filled me with negativity.

I cried, but no one listened;

I shattered but all this never mattered.

But after every night,

Comes a bright day,

When the storm ends

And the sun shines.

When flowers sprout

And birds chirp all about.

When the world doesn't matter

And we collect our pieces,

Sticking them together

With hope and determination.

With aims and goals

With love and positivity

We make us better in this dawn,

Stop mourning for what's gone,

And love what you have; live on.

We become the sun to our moon,

Answers to our questions,

Catharsis to our guilt,

Inspiration to our aspirations.

And that's when we realize

The purpose we comprise:

To spread love.

To spread happiness.

And never to circumscribe

Our “POSITIVE VIBES”

- Nida Jaffar (Class of 2020)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon