EPIPHANY

I surrender, forgive me my mighty sin
I tread not lightly on the ground
I think not before I speak
My tongue, a mighty serpent
that slithers without stop
The bullets escape me and
hell do they wrought
Respect is earned and can’t
be bought
Yet I sit high on my throne
Not a leaf swaying to
condemn me
Until there comes a mighty storm
Making me fear for my life
and call out to the heavens
“Save me,” I cry, “Protect me.”
Alas, I am set free.

Realisation a bitter pill to swallow
Change but a labyrinthine path
I cry and scream until I gather
my senses
And tread forwards onto
the right path
My sins dragging behind me
Old habit poking at my conscience
Onward I proceed, ignore
their presence.

The map of the labyrinth
clutched in my hand
I begin to recite and try to
understand
This time shall pass, the end
is near
Continue in your efforts and
have no fear
Success is guaranteed for
those that keep trying.
His mercy is great, there is
no denying
Now watch as your worries
slowly start dying.

- Maira Tahir (Class of 2017)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comprehensive USMLE Guide For Pakistani Medical Students (Part 1: USMLE - An Introduction)

Reflection of my moon